Level Loading vs Easy first

Discuss anything related to ExtendSim or simulation projects. If you have a question about a specific block, please use the appropriate library forum.
Simstarter1

Level Loading vs Easy first

Post by Simstarter1 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:02 am

I created a model to do run more predictable jobs first then more complex. I also have a parallel line that did Level loading (alternating between easy and hard). I think I got it right but can you see if what I did made sense?

Lastly, I want to use my attribute "Number1or2" so I can set easy vs hard in any sequence I want. Do I do that with a set block? Can I do that with the Create block? For example, I want to do types 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2. How do I do this? If not an attribute, how do I declare the sequence I want the delay types to be in?

ExtendSim says "There is a problem with string attibutes with this model. Contact Imagine That."
Attachments
Level vs Simple first.mox
(471.76 KiB) Downloaded 258 times

ceciledamiron
First Name: Cecile
Last Name: Damiron

Re: Level Loading vs Easy first

Post by ceciledamiron » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:09 am

Hello,

First of all our current release is v9, a lot of new features and bug fixes are in v9 and we encourage you strongly to upgrade your ExtendSim to the latest release.

About your question on creating sequences, you can either use a create block with "create items by schedule" and define your sequence here, or you can use set blocks plus lookup table block you can also use equation I block and have your sequence defined in the database. All the ways to do that are valid, you just need to find the one you prefer.

About the error message you are getting, updating to v9 would solve your problem.

Sincerly,
Cecile