2 Questions - attributes and confidence intervals

Discuss anything related to ExtendSim or simulation projects. If you have a question about a specific block, please use the appropriate library forum.
Simstarter1

2 Questions - attributes and confidence intervals

Post by Simstarter1 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:18 am

I've uploaded 2 files. The first is a restroom example. I wanted to experiment with making the activity box's delay time based on an attribute. In this silly example it's a restroom with people divided into number 1 and number 2 types. I wanted 90% of my people to go number 1. I tried to set up the delays for Numbers 1 and 2 to be two different amounts of time. Did I do this correctly?

In my second example, I wanted to experiment with multiple runs and making extendsim calculate the confidence interval for the queue length. Did I do this correctly?
Attachments
Restroom with attributes and routings.mox
(165.5 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

ceciledamiron
First Name: Cecile
Last Name: Damiron

Re: 2 Questions - attributes and confidence intervals

Post by ceciledamiron » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:32 pm

Hello,

Attributes:
Your model is not quite doing what you want because of the Select Item Out block. You are directing people with number one on the top restroom and people with number 2 on the bottom restroom. And as people are in one line if two people in a row need to go to the top restroom and a third person needs to go to the bottom restroom, the third person will be blocked upstream even if his restroom is vacant.... If you set up your Select Item out block with "Select output based on random" and If output is blocked: "item will try unblocked outputs" you will model more accurately a bathroom behavior.
I attached a model to show you another way of modeling your process

Sincerely,
Cecile
Attachments
Restroom with attributes and routings CD.mox
(269.11 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Simstarter1

Post by Simstarter1 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Thank you very much. I will study your model more to learn what you did.

ceciledamiron
First Name: Cecile
Last Name: Damiron

Post by ceciledamiron » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:16 pm

For the confidence interval, look at the "Calculate for multiple simulations" option in the Mean & Variance block.

Cecile