Queue Matching Block

kimmamula
First Name: Kim

Queue Matching Block

Post by kimmamula » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:58 am

I am matching items in groups of 10 based on where they should end in the model (their final destination 'node'). Items will be routed to these nodes after several processes. I have a firm batch size of 10 for items to be grouped and then moved along as a group before unbatching and becoming singular items to route to different processes,select item outs based on attribute, etc. I am left with unbatched items, but these need to be released, even if ultimately less than 10 to form the batch. I tried the 'dump groups' connector, but that erases all attributes, which are still needed after this part of the model. How can I release what is left for each group after all batches of 10 had been made? The requirements size would need to change from 10 to the remaining balance for each group individually. So one group may have 4 leftover, another 6 leftover, etc. I also tried an equation block to set different sizes for groups with a For loop, but it didn't accept that as inputs to the connectors on the Queue Match block.

nastasiaj
First Name: Anthony
Last Name: Nastasi

Re: Queue Matching Block

Post by nastasiaj » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Hi,

Using the "DG" connector should not remove attributes from the batched up items. If that is the case, then it is a bug. However, the more likely explanation is that you may need to preserve uniqueness. Also, I just created a small model where the DG connector is being used, and I don't lose attributes on the batched item.

To continue this conversation , please write an email at anthonyn@extendsim.com.

Thanks,

Anthony