Serial Convey Item Behavior

velcro
First Name: Steve
Last Name: Cohen

Serial Convey Item Behavior

Post by velcro » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:26 am

Well, one upside of having the forum wiped is that I don't have to search for an answer before I post :)

I have a fairly complex simulation which includes a Convey Item block. It has default parameters (accumulating, speed and length), except Length=18.5 feed, speed=1 ft/sec, item length =.5 ft.

I replaced the 18.5 ft conveyor with a 10 ft and an 8.5 ft in series. (Next I was going to block far upstream when the 8.5 ft was full, but the 10 ft would continue to accept items on the way).

But before I did anything else besides replace the 18.5 ft with a 10 ft and an 8.5 ft, I ran the model again. I got a different result. It starts out the same, but after about 900 items, a history block on the exit of the last convey block shows that the departure times start to be different. The 2 conveyor model starts to lag a bit.

Any idea why this would happen?

Thanks,

Steve

ceciledamiron
First Name: Cecile
Last Name: Damiron

Re: Serial Convey Item Behavior

Post by ceciledamiron » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:01 pm

Hello Steve,

Could you send the model (or even better a subset of your model) at support@extendsim.com and I will take a look.

Sincerely,
Cecile

velcro

Post by velcro » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:18 pm

I'll try to find the minimum model that duplicates the issue.

Thanks,

Steve

velcro

Post by velcro » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:41 am

Well, I haven't been able to reproduce this, so I would consider this closed. I'll let you know if I see it again.

Thanks.